Thanks to the HVAC system, we can go to sleep and wake up each day to perfectly controlled temperatures. The Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning system, helps regulate the indoor temperatures, making the interiors comfortable at all times.
Therefore, whether it’s chilly winters or blistering summers, HVAC systems ensure that the extreme temperatures outside won’t affect the overall comfort inside.
But having said that, this type of technology has its faults too. The HVAC system circulates conditioned air, so if there are any contaminates in the air, the HVAC system will keep circulating the ‘Bad Air’across your living space.
So, do we stop using the HVAC system?! No. Not really! But regularly cleaning, repairing and maintaining the system and ducts can help reduce potential problems, as well as, health hazards and improve overall air quality in the property. Here are the top four reasons why air ducts should be inspected and serviced regularly
- Improves Air Quality – Mold, mildew, fungus, and bacteria – a range of allergens breed in the dark and damp air ducts. Cleaned air ducts will keep infections away, while, improve the air quality manifold. Needless to say, improved air quality is healthier for your family.
- Improves Air Circulation – Damaged air ducts and accumulation of dust reduces the amount of air circulated within the HVAC system. Regular cleaning and occasional changing of the furnace filters can help you avoid any damage.
- Cuts Energy Costs–A new HVAC system will undoubtedly operate at its peak performance.Likewise, a well maintained system will keep away all impairs and blockages to deliver ideal results. Optimal performance certainly shows up in reduced utility bills.
- Enhances the life of the equipment–All types of equipment undergo depreciation over the years. A fully revamped and well maintained system not just enhances the life of the equipment, but will also ensure that you get the best results – both in terms of performance and savings.
Cleaning the property’s air ducts will go a long way in providing a healthy environment. At Quartz Solutions, we are certified air duct cleaning professionals. Call us at 973-536-1013 for more information about air duct cleaning and our FREE consultation.
Crawl spaces are essentially areas of restricted space under floors or roofs, where standing is difficult or impossible (due to the size of the space) that are difficult to stand in; hence the name. They are primarily meant to cater to the plumbing and wiring needs of the building. However, in several units, this area acts as a mini storage zone as well. Crawl space vapor barriers help maintain the air quality in the space, promote a healthier living area.
In most cases, crawl spaces are often left unattended. Moisture can seep into your crawl space and from there, reach your living space. If left un-managed, health hazards can arise, which can put your family in danger.
Proper installation of crawl space vapor barriers is crucial. These vapor barriers are sheets of dense material that is water resistant and therefore, keep the moisture from seeping into the crawl space. As a result the air quality of the crawl space improves and stays fresh for years to come.
Here are few of the many benefits of installing crawl space vapor barrier in your home and office
- A vapor barrier prevents moisture build-up in the crawl space and also reduces condensation. As a result, improved air goes up into the home.
- It prevents mold and mildew build-up, keeping the family free from allergies, respiratory ailments and disease.
- It keeps the floor of the house from absorbing any moisture from the crawl space. As a result there is significant reduction in the chances of sub floor rotting or wood damage in the future.
Less moisture also keeps rodents and insects at bay. As a result the structure stays pest free.
- A moisture-laden space also produces foul odors. With vapor barriers in place,one can ensure that there is no foul smells in the space.
- If properly installed, the crawl space vapor barrier keeps the pipes from freezing and breaking during the winters; while allowing the air circulating in the crawl space during summers to stay cool and allergens free. Therefore, it is something that lends benefits all year round.
It is therefore very important to get the crawl space vapor barrier installed by an experienced service provider. Quartz Solutions is the undisputed leader in the field. With years of experience and hands on knowledge, our skilled technicians carry out a thorough inspection of the area before offering a cost efficient solution. Call us at 201-205-2042 to know more about the ways in which we can help you. Our inspection is free of charge.
Attic Radiant Barriers are installed in buildings, primarily homes and offices, in orderto bring down the heat gain during summers. Proper radiant barrier installation is key in bringing down the overall utility costs of the building. Attic Radiant Barriers are found to be most effective in areas where temperatures tend to go to extremes. Attic Radiant Barriers help increase the effectiveness of your air conditioningunit, by bringing down energy consumption and saving precious money for other expenses.
Attic Radiant Barriers comprise of materials such as foil that greatly reflect the radiant heat. They prevent the sun rays from seeping in through the roof to the attic area, thus preventing it from heating. The radiant barriers also help the attic floor and the cooling ducts to reduce the heat gain by reflecting it back.
Installation tips for maximizing your radiant barriers effectiveness
- It is vital to ensure that your reflective barrier has sufficient open space in front of it, so air can flow smoothly and heat can be easily reflected.
- A radiant barrier must be designed in such a way that there is minimum dust accumulation. Reflective surfaces become less effective when dust collects on them.
- A radiant barrier performs best when it has been placed perpendicular to the source of radiant energy or the direction from which the energy strikes the barrier.
- Foil radiant barriers tend to accumulate dust and trap moisture between the floor and the surface. It is essential leave some space between the foil and the floor to avoid this problem.
The effectiveness of your Attic Radiant Barrier will depend on the quality of the installation. A properly installed Attic Radiant Barrier not only saves electricity, but it also keeps the building more comfortable for longer periods of time. Therefore, it is always advised to get professional help from a certified installer. At Quartz Solutions, we have a team of professionals who are ready to help. We don’t just take into account the building codes of the area, we ensure that all fire safety norms are met While it is best to install your Attic Radiant Barrier during construction, one can also get it done in a finished attic with the help of an experienced and skilled installer.
For professional Attic Radiant Barrier installation and maintenance services, call us at 201-205-2042. Our team will provide guidance, advice and a free quote.