Rats, bats, squirrels and raccoons may come across as harmless when found in their natural habitat (nature). However, once these creatures make their way into your attic or crawl space, they have the potency to wreck havoc and contaminate the place. This could make family members more prone to infections or disease, and therefore, it is crucial to regularly inspect these vulnerable areas of the property.
The attic/crawl space attracts animals because it provides the ideal conditions for them (dampness and darkness). The consequences of having these animals around can result with costly repairs in order to rectify the damage these creatures can leave behind. When rats, squirrels, raccoons, etc., start to move around in these confined spaces, they tear through wiring, insulation, air ducts and other structural elements, and that is the nightmare of any homeowner.
Once these animals take over the attic or crawl space, they are likely to:
- Eat into cables and insulation. The damage could raise utility bills and also lead to ineffective temperature control. Severe damage can also lead to short-circuits, electric shocks and even fire.
- Chew off any stored items and ruin them forever.
- Leave behind a filthy clutter and an unhygienic mess. Feces and urine can leave distinct odors, not to mention, be the source of allergens and infections.
- Explore other parts of the property, scavenging for food and scaring family members.
For inexperienced individuals, it is not recommended to try and get rid of these invaders alone. There are serious risks when approaching wild animals, as they may attack or carry diseases. Therefore, it is best to call a professional for this type of task.
Sometimes, depending on the type of animal, the following methods can help solve the problem:
- Using baits to capture pests/animals in a humane way and remove them from the property.
- Organic pest control – utilize animals that prey on these type of pests to get rid of them. Needless to say, that only an expert should perform this task. This is a technique that should comply with state and county rules and regulations.
Once the presence of pests and critters is completely eradicated, it is recommended that a through damage control, and preventive measures are taken to ensure they’ll stay away: Sealing-off entry points, using pest repelling scents or lighting and other types of deterring equipment. These steps can make a big difference.
Quartz Solutions has extensive experience in removing rats, squirrels, raccoons and other animals from attics and crawl spaces. Our certified professionals can help rid your premises from any type of invasion. Call us today 201-205-2042, 973-536-1013 and we’ll gladly answer any questions, and even schedule a free attic and crawl inspection.