A crawl space is a designated area in the house, where access usually requires crawling or crunching, as the space is confined and meant to house the premises’ boiler system, plumbing, wiring, the HVAC system, air ducts and vents, as well as, offer extra room for useful storage.
Since this is an area that doesn’t get much attention on a day-to-day basis, it is important to understand the importance of keeping it clean and well maintained. Mold, mildew, moisture, and termite attacks can cause extensive damage to the crawl space. These hazards can gradually affect the air quality inside your home, and put the health of your family and loved ones at risk.
Here are 5 reasons to keep your crawl spaces clean and well maintained:
- Keep Pests Out– Termites, red ants and rodents are known to spell havoc. The damp and dull crawl space provides ideal conditions for infestations to breed and grow. Regular cleaning can prevent such scenario from happening.
- Moisture Control–Crawl spaces invariably attract water from the soil and earth beneath, making them humid and damp. A thorough and regular cleaning will eliminate moisture build-up thus controlling the associated problems.
- Increases Structural Strength –Dampness, moisture accumulation and pests are known to impair the structural strength of the entity. Clean and well kept crawl spaces cut the risk of dry rot, mold and mildew to a great extent.
- Provides Storage Space –Neat and well-kept spaces enhances the area’s usability. It provides the all important storage space for stacking boxes and infrequently used items.
- Save Money– Cleaner crawl spaces help regulate the temperature within the house, reducing the usage of HVAC system. Moreover, clean spaces translate to lower incidence of blocked vents and ducts, thus the HVAC system operates at maximum efficiency.
Clean and well-kept crawl spaces undoubtedly add value to your home. For professional and un compromised solutions for all your crawl space related needs, call us at 201-205-2042, 973-536-1013 now! At Quartz Solutions we have to experience and expertise to help you create hygienic and efficient crawl spaces.