Cleaning HVAC Ducts Improves the Quality of Life Inside Your Home
Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems are all modern necessities. When properly maintained, they provide efficient distribution of temperature controlled air with minimal intrusion in the space – you’ll hardly know it’s there!
Over time, HVAC ducts accumulate contaminants. If not cleaned regularly, that buildup can cause countless problems. Dust, mold, bacteria and fungi can affect the quality of indoor air, and may pose a health hazard. Legionnaire’s Disease is a primary example of a potentially dangerous illness that is the direct result of unattended HVAC systems. A more common example is allergies.
Signs you Need to Look at HVAC
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the following conditions call for immediate cleaning of your HVAC system:
- Ducts and machinery show substantial growth of molds on hard surfaces.
- Ducts become a home to animals.
- Excessive dust and debris that clog vents.
- Ducts become contaminated with asbestos or lead paint particles after renovation, remodeling or abatement projects.
- Water contamination, as in after flooding, or damage caused to the HVAC systems may leach contaminants into ductwork.
- Tabaco smoke is prevalent in the residence.
- Unexplained allergy-related illnesses occur.
What do you Look for in a Maintenance Provider?
To properly maintain your HVAC System, you should follow these precautions:
- Ensure there is a clear checklist of items to be inspected, cleaned or replaced. These may include the air handler, registers, grills, fans, housings and coils.
- Make sure that all materials used comply with the acceptable industry standards
- Confirm that the work and parts has a warrantee of minimum 4 months.
- Look for online reviews
It’s Time to do Something!
Inspecting and maintaining your air duct system is key, but it’s not always something you can do yourself. So finding the right professional company for the job can make all the difference.
Whether your system requires regular inspection and maintenance, one-time repair, partial renovation or total replacement, Quartz Solutions is your one-stop shop. For friendly professional advice over the phone, contact us 201-205-2042, 973-536-1013 or request a complimentary inspection.
Quartz Solutions. Discover the difference we can make in the quality of your life!