Winter is here, which means that rain snow and cold weather will be part of our daily routine for the next couple of months. This is the time to closely monitor, overhaul and upgrade your facilities to ensure that your home is protected and ready for winter conditions.
Here are simple steps that will help keep your family and property protected. Based on the famous quote ‘a stitch in time saves nine,’ following these steps in a timely manner can help cut down costs and ensure your peace of mind.
- Insulate your Attic: Ensure that your attic is effectively insulated. Poor insulation will not only allow cold air to set into your living spaces, but also make your HVAC system work overtime, which will increase your utility bills.
- Seal Cracks and: As the temperatures take a dip plunge, any cracks or openings in the roof or ceiling will act as entry points for rats and squirrels. These rodents damage wires and ducts and can cause serious damage. They contaminate the area and spread serious infections. Sealing the cracks will help keep them away.
- Seal Doors and Windows: Caulking and weather-stripping doors and windows will help keep cold air out, bestowing comfortable temperatures inside.
- Repair Roof Leaks: Take a closer look at the condition of your roof. Undertake the required repairs and ensure that it doesn’t give way to strong and heavy snow storms. Consider installing a water-repellent sheet under your roof to keep the moisture out.
- Trim Trees: Cut and trim the trees to get them below roof height. This will ensure that they do not weigh down with ice or snow and fall on your roof, which can cause damage.
- Wrap the Pipes. It is important to wrap and cover ducts and vents with appropriate insulation cover. This will ensure that they do not loose heat and remain effective for a long time.
- Inspect your HVAC System: The Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) mechanism of your house will surely be your life-line during the winter. The system will condition the indoor air to make it warm and comfortable. But you’ll obviously not want to shell out bundles in form of utility bills… Therefore, inspect your HVAC System beforehand to ensure that it performs to its optimal level.
At Quartz Solutions, we are the known and trusted experts to offer comprehensive advice and support to winterise your home and property. Call us at 201-205-2042, to find out more about our services to get you winter ready!.