Attics and crawl spaces are not regions of our home we spend much time thinking about. In fact, these functional places are often overlooked and neglected until some serious problem draws our attention.
Quartz Solutions services include Attic cleaning, attic insulation (Repair and Replacement), attic decontamination, radiant barrier, air duct repair, replacement and cleaning, crawl space cleaning, crawl space vapor barrier, crawl space floor insulation, crawl space insulation, rodent proofing & rodent control and more.
These dusty, dingy and sometimes damp places provide the perfect conditions for a variety of hazards like unwanted intrusions, mold colonies, critters, toxic gases, dust and allergens to thrive. These threats are very real with the potential to reduce the energy efficiency at home or office, decrease real estate value and hamper a comfortable occupancy.
Periodic inspections and proper maintenance of the attic and crawl space by professionals is thus imperative to stem the damage before it turns into a major fiasco. Quartz Solutions is the best in this domain. We have the best eco-friendly solutions, certified workforce and technical know-how to handle any kind of attic and crawl space issue deftly.
The Potential Threats
Attic and crawl spaces that are put on the back burner become an easy target for serious infestations to gain ground and cause extensive damage to the entire property.
- A wet and humid environment generates wood rot and structural disintegration. It also promotes the growth of mold, fungus and mildew. Dangerous spores often penetrate the living space and diminish the indoor air quality.
- Animals like bats, mice and rodents are a menace that destroys attic insulation, leaving behind disease-carrying waste and wreaking havoc upon electrical wiring.
- Pesky insects, white ants are germ carriers that spread infections.
- Broken ducts and soiled insulation impairs the heating and cooling capacity of the building. This not only impacts the comfort level but increases utility bills dramatically.
- Toxic gases can seep into the crawl spaces via cracks and trigger serious health concerns.
Attic & Crawl Space Inspection
A close scrutiny of the attic and crawl spaces is the first step towards maintaining the comfort, hygiene and safety of the dwelling. Our skilled crew will ensure that the task is done right and in a systematic way. They will drop in for a scheduled assessment and check every corner for tell-tale signs of destruction. Once they have gauged the cleaning needs, experts will chalk out a viable and pocket-friendly plan to restore the contaminated area to its original pristine condition.
Attic and Crawl Space Cleaning
Depending on the situation, if the area demands a clean-up, our team at Quartz Solutions will readily take on the task. The junk gathered over the years like dust, debris, broken duct, damaged insulation, dead animals, droppings, etc. will be collected and bagged for proper disposal. Salvaging of anything worthwhile will be the top priority. The area will be then vacuumed, sanitized and decontaminated to remove all signs of skunk odor and dangerous bacteria. Our cleaning services include:
- Attic insulation removal: Just like the insulation installed in the walls and floor of your home or building, attic insulation can keep you warm in the winter, cool in summer, and save you money all year round. We’ll remove the contaminated or old insulation, clean the space and replace it with new.
- Crawl space cleaning: A clean crawl space means a healthy living space. Dust, mold and mildew can grow where moisture resides, and if you don’t regularly clean your crawl space, your family members might be breathing tainted air, as most of the air flowing to the first and second floors of your home comes from the crawl space.
- Rodent proofing and control: Everyone knows the dangers posed by rodents and other animals that want to make your home theirs. Regular maintenance and active prevention is the key to keeping these pests out of your property.
- Air duct cleaning: HVAC ducts accumulate contaminants. If not cleaned regularly, that buildup can cause countless problems. Dust, mold, bacteria and fungi can affect the quality of indoor air, and may pose a health hazard such as allergies, diseases, etc.
- Attic decontamination:Animals leave a host of microbe-rich material that can cause disease and physical damage. Attic decontamination and pest proofing is a wise investment for any homeowner.
- Removal of dead animals:Removal of animal remains is crucial as the carcasses themselves produce foul odors; contaminate the space and especially the insulation material. They should be removed ASAP in order to prevent further damage that can be very costly.
Attic and Crawl Space Improvements
With the clean-up complete, and the attic and crawl space impeccable, it’s time to incorporate some upgrades and improvements to make the functional areas operational and accessible. As a part of this process cables will repaired, cracks blocked, ventilation system examined, air ducts replenished and new insulation installed. All these steps boost the energy efficiency of the property, lessen the odds of a setback in future and cut unnecessary expenses in repairs. Some of our improvement services include:
- Air Duct Repair and Replacement: Air duct systems draw stale air out, and push temperature-controlled, filtered air in. New or old, well-maintained air ducts filter and funnel large quantities of dust. Keeping systems free from extensive dust buildup.
- Crawl Space Vapor Barrier:Excessive moisture is a primary cause for crawl space problems. Potential damage can be prevented by following 4 steps: Installing a vapor barrier, removing existing rot, keeping the space dry and implementing preservation methods.
- Crawl Space Floor Insulation:The crawl space can have a great impact on your home’s energy efficiency. insulating the ceiling of a ventilated crawl space, or other area exposed to the outside, can go a long way toward keeping inhabitants more comfortable, and saving on heating bills.
- Crawl Space Insulation: Many homes and buildings were constructed without crawl space insulation, especially before 1990. By properly sealing this hidden, often forgotten area of your home, you can help the environment, be more comfortable, and save hundreds of dollars on energy costs.
- Attic Radiant Barrier Installation:Radiant barriers minimize heat transfer, they also prevent dust accumulation on reflective surfaces, which reduces the buildup of harmful microbes and preserves energy.
We at Quartz Solutions are genuinely committed to customer satisfaction and guarantee top quality services at affordable rates.
Quartz Solutions for Attic and Crawl Space Services in Union, Union County, NJ. ZIP : 07083
Elizabeth, formally known as Elizabeth town is the largest city in Union County and the fourth largest in New Jersey. Home to over 120,000 residents, Elizabeth has a history spanning over 350 years. It is true melting pot community with something for everyone, be it gourmet cuisine, great nightlife, historic sites, cultural festivals, lush green space and a range of outdoor activities. Quartz Solutions would love to make a small contribution towards preserving the heritage of this city. Hire us and we promise to keep your attics and crawl spaces in A-one condition.
Call Quartz Solutions 973-536-1013 today to avail your complimentary inspection and consultation.